Lady in the park
or man's face?
This week I'm celebrating:
1) I finally got some work done on my WIP. I wrote 3 chapters (7k) in 3 days. Yay! Now *all* I have to do is revise them.
2) I worked my muse so hard she completely abandoned me when it came time for this post -- thus the odd illusion pic I put above. What does it have to do with this post? Nothing whatsoever.
3) Inspired by Cathy Kennedy (of Curious as a Cathy blog) and her pictures of her ancestors, I scouted for my grandfather on the net. I found one pic. It's in the 40s, on Long Island, and he's standing next to Hedy Lamarr. In fact, it looks like he's got his arm around her! :O
Have you or anyone in your family taken a picture with a big star?
My kind and wonderful co-hosts of Celebrate the Small Things are:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog
Celebrate The Small Things Linky:
Grab the Linky html-code here:
Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is visit the Celebrate page on Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)
Foxy's Friday Freebies!
Foxy has been nosing around the net.
When she finds great FREE STUFF, she'll feature it on Fridays Freebies posts -
- Free short stories, novellas, and novels
- Giveaways for books and swag
- Free services for authors
Here are Foxy's suggestions for June 26, 2015:
Free 5 Novels and $5 Amazon Gift Card – Win 30 SECONDS by Chrys Frey, SOUL CUTTER by Lexa Cain, POP TRAVEL by Tara Tyler, CLOAKED IN FUR by T.F. Walsh, and OF BLOOD AND SORROW by Christine Rains plus a $5 Amazon gift card via T.B.Markinson’s Giveaway Rafflecopter. (ends June 30)
Free Rhyming Riddle eBook - Jessica Haight and Stephanie Robinson of The Secret Files of Fairday Morrow blog are offering their book: Fairday's Riddles: Volume I (Make time to riddle and rhyme! 62 original riddles and illustrations.) It’s FREE at Smashwords if you use this Coupon Code: WQ28B (ends July 1) I got my copy - get yours NOW!
Free MG Historical Pirate Adventure – Win Cast Off: The Strange Adventures of Petra de Winter and Bram Broen by Eve Yohalem on The Childrens Book Review blog. (ends July 8)
Free Historical Novel – win To a Strange Somewhere Fled by DM Denton by leaving your email in the comments on Unusual Historicals Blog. Good chance – only 5 entries so far! (ends June 29)
For Foxy's other Freebies, go to the Freebie page.
If anyone has a FREE short story (for download or online at a free ezine), novella, novel, special giveaway, or author service, please let Foxy know so she can plug you here! Write to: laura.6eg(at)gmail.com