This week I'm celebrating:
1) The free offer of my short story "The Inter-Galactic Gourmet" netted over 70 downloads and 3 new reviews, all 5-stars (one from a UK author I don't know and two from authors I do know). I'm sure I'd have gotten 50 times that on Amazon, but since they refuse to loosen their rigid payment rules that are prejudiced against 3rd world residents, I'm on Smashwords for the foreseeable future.
2) I haven't done a lick of work on my WIP, but I'm feeling more relaxed and stopped having the stress-induced nightmares I've had for almost a month. Ahhhh, sweet sleep. :)
3) This week I hit 3800 followers on Twitter and 900 friends on Facebook. Yay! That's pretty good for only having the accounts for 4 months. Plus they're quality followers - horror authors and other writers, not sunglass salesmen. (Why is Rayban spamming everyone? You can get sunglasses anywhere and they last for years -- unless you're my husband who regularly breaks his, usually by sitting on them. lol)
Do you remember your dreams when you wake up?
My kind and wonderful co-hosts of Celebrate the Small Things are:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog
Celebrate The Small Things Linky:
Grab the Linky html-code here:
Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is visit the Celebrate page on Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)
Foxy's Friday Freebies!
Foxy has been nosing around the net.
When she finds great FREE STUFF, she'll feature it on Fridays Freebies posts -
- Free short stories, novellas, and novels
- Giveaways for books and swag
- Free services for authors
Here are Foxy's suggestions for July 24, 2015:
Free YA Apocalyptic SF novel – win Fractured Memories by Jo Schneider via rafflecopter on My Book Addiction blog. (ends July 29)
Free Urban Fantasy novel – win 1 of 5 signed print copies of Ink Calls to Ink by Nathan Crowder via rafflecopter on Juniper Book Solutions blog. (ends Aug 3)
Free Paranormal Romance novel – win The Omegas by Annie Nicholas via entry box sign-up on the page at Romance Novels and Giveaways blog. (ends July 31)
Free $15 Amazon or Barnes&Noble Gift Card – to celebrate the release of Stolen Moments (romance) by Cara Bristol she’s giving away a $15 gift card to either Amazon or B&N via rafflecopter on Romance Novels and Giveaways blog. (ends July 31)
For Foxy's other Freebies, go to the Freebie page.
If anyone has a FREE short story (for download or online at a free ezine), novella, novel, special giveaway, or author service, please let Foxy know so she can plug you here! Write to: laura.6eg(at)gmail.com