By Lisa Casian
Publisher: Breathless Press
Release Date: November 29, 2013
Isabeau's life is haunted by nightmares her brother insists are a lie. Bowen's looking to revenge himself against his father while helping his friend. When they meet, all hell breaks loose against Isabeau. Can Bowen protect her? Is love ever the safe choice?
Newly convinced by a mentor to value human life, Bowen, a Shade Hunter, has withdrawn from aristocratic society in pursuit of the creature that made him into the evil that consumes him—his father. Bowen's plans are thwarted when he assists a wealthy earl in finding his missing fiancé. He's drawn to the man's beautiful sister, Isabeau. Bowen soon realizes that their fates are intertwined and she's aroused a passion in him he'd never thought possible.
Isabeau Harington has always lived in fear. Surviving an attack that killed her parents, she always believed the monsters would return for her. When she meets Bowen, a mysterious, charismatic stranger who drives away those fears, she learns that the very man she's falling in love with may be in league with the monsters hunting her. As a pawn in an Immortal's scheme, Isabeau must make the ultimate decision—love or safety?
Heat Rating: 3
Word Count: 73165
Release Date: November 29, 2013
Order from Breathless Press
About the Author
You can find Lisa online at:
Congratulations to my friend Lisa
on her book release!
Celebrate the Small Things
This week I'm celebrating:
1) Lisa Casian's release of Bloodrose.
2) One of my awesome CPs just got the cover to her forthcoming book, An Unstill Life, and I'll be revealing it on Sunday! Yay! I'm so excited for her!
2) This week I managed to catch up on my entire to-do list for the first time in 2 months! Well, my thrilling sense of accomplishment lasted for about a day before new requests for critiques came in. Plus, I realized my own writing and revising are so neglected I've forgotten what my WIP is about. Oh, wait, I actually have TWO completely ignored WIPs. *facepalm*
3) Meanwhile, I'm doing my best to write good interviews and guest posts for other blogs, but they scare the crap out of me! If you're a "writer" you're supposed to be able to do this stuff, right? But apparently, I was absent the day the Writing Gods explained how to write clever, insightful non-fiction.
4) And finally, after several spectacular cooking fiascos this week (for instance I oversalted the mashed potatoes and then tried to "fix" it by adding garlic, cumin, and lemon. Um...not my best idea), I've been looking everywhere in my house and I can't find my brain. If someone sees it, please persuade it to come home. Either that or it'll be off-to-see-the-Wizard to ask for a new one. *cue music* "If I only had a brain..."
Anyone ever felt that their brain moved away and didn't leave a forwarding address?
This post is part of VikLit's blog hop, Celebrate the Small Things. To be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is follow the link and put your name on the Mr.Linky list, and then be sure to post every Friday about something you're grateful for that week. It can be about writing or family or school or general life. This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever!