Saturday, May 5, 2012

Summer Already?


It was only April 15th when I was hooting about Spring in Egypt. The temperature was lovely, and it was great here despite some allergy troubles. 

But here it is -- less than a month later -- and the temperature broke 95-degrees today (35 for the Celcius crowd). I have to turn on the A/C to sleep now. In another month, I'll be a permanent ball of salty, sticky dampness even with the A/C on.

I don't do a lot of writing in the summer (May through September). Hot weather makes me grumpy, and I find all my characters get grumpy, too. Ah, well. I shouldn't complain about 95-degrees. In July, it will be so much worse...

4 comments:

Kate Larkindale said...

It's heading into winter here, so I'm getting to the stage where I have to put gloves on to write and wrap up in three layers of sweaters. So 95-degrees sounds kind of nice!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Kate.. winter is hitting here, and it's already chilly. I've pulled out the heater for the last few nights, which have been freezing:) I'm like you - when the heat settles in, the A/C becomes my best friend:)

Annie McMahon said...

I think I'll just stay here in New Jersey. :D Our summers are warm, but not too hot, except for the occasional 90-degrees days.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm still wearing my thermal vest over here in England LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...